Alloa Athletic Football Club acknowledges its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of those who engage with the Club, especially children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to protecting children and vulnerable adults from all form of harm and actively promoting the creation of a positive, safe and supportive environment.
- We recognise that: the welfare of the child (up to the age of 18) is paramount.
- All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity,have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Working in partnership with children and their families is essential in promoting and embedding this Policy.
The purpose of this Policy and related procedures is to:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and well being of children and vulnerable adults; ˗ provide staff and volunteers with appropriate training to recognise, identify and respond to safeguarding concerns relating to children and vulnerable adults;
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents or concerns and that support is provided to those who raise or disclose the concern and that it is dealt with confidentially;
- Prevent the employment or engagement of unsuitable individuals by adopting rigorous recruitment and vetting procedures.
Alloa Athletic Football Club’s Policy will be widely promoted and will be reviewed on a regular basis, or in the event of changes in legislation or government guidance, or as a result of any other significant change or event.
CHILD PROTECTION OFFICERS
ALLOA ATHLETIC: Ewen G Cameron: 01259 722695 firstname.lastname@example.org
WASP COMMUNITY CLUB: June McLauchlan